Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Whose idea was it to have miniature bananas?

I like to begin my mornings (most of them at least) with a smoothie. Nothing beats a fresh cup of milk, honey, strawberries, and a banana. This formula (recipe) has worked fine with me for years. That's until some agricultural genetic engineer (isn't that what they call them) decided that today's banana is not good enough. Someone out there figured that if he or she reduces its size to a finger size, there will be a huge market for it. It was assumed that there is out there a large number of people whose life has been miserable because bananas were two or three bites too much for them to eat.

So my wife decided to buy those tiny bananas (in all fairness, she bought them to support a good cause; a long story). Now, when I use one miniature banana, my smoothie has a weak taste of banana. When I use two, all I taste is banana. Thanks a lot Mr. Banana Einstein for this life-saving invention. Shouldn't you have started with something more useful such as seedless mangoes or a skiness watermelons!

What's up with that?

5 comments:

Amina said...

Insupportable! Proper banana proportions are essential to a good potassium infusion.

Since it's in support of a good cause, I have a suggestion to adjust to the finger bananas: use 1.5 of them per smoothie, and eat the other half plain while you blend it :)

Anonymous said...

Here's an option - Organic!

Just think of all the lab produced chemical gunk that you would be letting go in favor of some healthy bananas!

Amina said...

I wonder if you really thought thru that skinless watermelon...

I'd add to the list seedless pomegranates :)

sabiha said...

Forget about 1.5 bananas. How about making enough smoothies so all your coworkers can enjoy! That way you'll continue to support this cause and feed well deserving overworked people :)

Maryum said...

miniature bananas grow naturally in many parts of the world. i made my husband buy me a handful almost daily when we were in bangladesh! I love 'em!